With Spring officially here it’s easy to want to do a lot of cleaning and organizing in your home after a long winter. You might look around and think of a dozen things that need to be done, but the reality is that you probably have the time and energy for 2-3 projects.
In this segment of Organize Your Life, I will help you get started with The Three P’s of Spring Organizing. Watch and see what they are and decide which project you will start with!
1. Pick ONE Project:
The most overwhelming part of starting to get organized is deciding what to do first. It’s easy to look around at all that needs to be done and go into shut down mode!
· Make a list of 5-10 organizing projects you would like to do OR
· On index cards, write ONE idea per card or ONE thing you need a place for (see cards)
Pick ONE of these to start and make a plan for this ONE thing only!
2. Plan it Out:
· What do you need to make this happen? What supplies? What kind of time (remember that it always takes longer than you think)?
· Break it down into small chunks of time~30 minutes, 1hour, etc.
· Will you need outside help like a handyman, painter, professional help?
3. Purge like Crazy!
· Don’t try to organize clutter. Purge first and then organize what is left.
· Get real with yourself…do you have room for this stuff? Do you love this stuff? What is the worst thing that could happen if you got rid of this stuff?What do you really use?
· Remember that you can keep anything you want, but what you keep you need a home for it and need to be able to manage it.