Now is the perfect time to organize your garage because the weather is cooler and you can spend more time purging and getting rid of junk. Before you start organizing the garage be sure to pull everything out FIRST and then PURGE! Then you’ll be ready to buy supplies and start organizing the garage!!
On this segment of Organize Your Life, I share my top ideas and tips for organizing the garage on any budget and what really works!
Here are the before and afters photos of the garage in this segment.
1. Medium size plastic bins with lids. Look for the industrial strength or extra thick plastic.
2. Peg board system. Cut down to fit on any wall; you can paint it or leave it plain. Comes in wood and modular plastic styles.
3. Cord and cable ties.
4. Stacking plastic crates/bins that are open face style.
5. Industrial strength Command Hooks by 3M, drywall anchor hooks, and large hooks to hang bikes and ladders from.
6. Tackle box or any container that has small compartments for screws, nails, brads, etc.
7. Rubbermaid Fast Track System or large hooks for large items.
8. Identa-label labeling tags*
When planning out how you will organize your garage, think about what you use most often. Put those things at a lower level, and less used items higher. Stack bins and label the side that faces out.
Categorize items by sports gear, beach gear, craft supplies, gardening tools, car supplies, etc.
Make a separate area for tools and utility items. Hang as much on the wall as possible.
Be sure to check out all The Hampton Roads Show segments to help you Organize Your Life!