I love doing closet organizing! Closets usually turn out so great and they are actually pretty easy to complete, especially with the right shelving and system.
We just completed the closet below and once again, used the Rubbermaid Home Free system. We have installed this system no less than 15 times over the past couple of years and I still love it every time we do.
It’s a flexible wire shelving unit with two sizes of kits and then tons of add-on pieces. After our handyman installed the 3-6 foot kit in this closet and we spent the next several hours organizing it.
This homeowner called us because the original shelving and hanging bar had fallen off the wall! It was a total mess and she needed all new hardware. But the rest of the closet was quite unorganized and needed some restructuring.
Here is are the before and after photos.
A few things happened from the “before’ and “after” photos:
1. Rubbermaid system installed on the wall where shelving had fallen.
2. Purged about 6 bags of clothing
3. Consolidated the husbands clothes to one area (they were spread out across the closet)
4. Instead of having clothing grouped by color, which the homeowner had done, we grouped by style. Sleeveless with sleeveless, long sleeve with long sleeve, and so on.
5. We added 6 open face bins to corral loose things like t-shirts and jeans, added 3 hanging shoe pocket organizers, a basket for flip-flops and tennis shoes, and clear shoe boxes for “fancy” shoes. All of that was purchased at Wal Mart and Target.
That’s it! You can do the exact same thing in your closet. Now this closet is fun to walk into because everything can be found so easily and there is a place to put everything.