If your refrigerator is like mine, it can get gross and can be the hardest place to keep organized. I feel like I’m constantly cleaning it out, but these tips will help you make the process of managing it easier. In this segment of Organize Your Life, I share how organizing your refrigerator can be simple and save you money! I also share my favorite containers to make your fridge tidy and two that I love!
- Take everything out and clean the shelves and drawers. Then line drawers with paper towels to make clean up easier.
- Throw out all expired foods and condiments and look at what’s left. What general categories do you have?
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Eggs & Cheese
- Juices and other drinks
- Using refrigerator friendly containers*, containerize types of food together. For instance, you might have a container with cottage cheese and yogurts in it. And another with lunch meat and other lunch type stuff. Use as many containers as you can so that it’s easy to pull them out, use what’s in them and return without having to move food around. Consider using turntables to group condiments together.
Think of like foods being together
Think of a snack container, a lunch food container, etc.
- Label containers and door shelves
- Create a drink area-
It’s easy to loose track of food behind big containers like juice and milk and soda. Designate a place in the refrigerator that is just where drinks are kept. Containerize smaller bottles like soda and water.
- Two containers worth buying-
- Bacon container
- Egg container